Hypertext Markup Language, or HTML, is a programming language used to describe the structure and layout of a Web document by using a variety of tags and attributes. It ensures the proper formatting of text and images so that your Internet browser may display them as they are intended to look.
CSS, or Cascading Style Sheets, is a web-based markup language used to describe the aesthetic look and formatting of a website to the browser, it basically defines the look and feel of the website.
5 Advantages of CSS Web Design
- Consistency. By making one change to your website’s CSS style sheet, allows you to automatically make that change to every page of your website.
- Bandwidth Reduction. When CSS separates your website’s content from its design language, you dramatically reduce your file transfer size.
- Search Engines. CSS is considered a clean coding technique, which means search engines won’t have to struggle to “read” its content.
- Browser Compatibility. CSS stylesheets increase your website’s adaptability and ensuring more visitors will be able to view your website in the way you intended.
- Viewing Options. CSS helps to make websites available for different media, by allowing the same markup page to be presented in different viewing styles